Okay, so we all know by now I fricking love a subscription box, I honestly can’t get enough of them. Over the years I’ve tried a lot: art & craft boxes; kawaii boxes and the like. The first box I receive have usually been okay, but nothing amazing or special. Generally I end up cancelling them soon after because the price point never seems great for the contents.
This month I decided to test out a Book subscription box. As you can probably guess from my previous posts, I love love love a good fantasy book, especially YA fantasy. So the natural choice for my next subscription box was the Fairyloot box.
Fairyloot is a monthly book subscription box based in London, UK. The subscription box follows a monthly theme and focuses on YA fantasy sci-fi books and fandom themed contents. Each Fairyloot box contains a new recently released fantasy Young Adult book and several exclusive and high quality bookish goods.
This months theme was based around ‘Unbreakable Bonds’ and hinted towards some exciting fandoms including Six of Crows, which I of course adore.
So let’s just get on with the Fairyloot January unboxing because I’m way too excited to show you…
Wait! Haven’t received your Fairyloot box yet?
Beware, there’s spoilers below.
I am so unbelievably happy with the box contents. Finally, no money wasted here! This month’s beautiful box contents included an array of excellent bookish gifts including:
- An exclusive Will & Jem candle, from the Infernal Devices books, created by Geeky Clean.
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate by the Tea Leaf Co. With artwork inspired by the Remnant Chronicles.
- Exclusive lip balm – violet & mint flavoured, made by Book & Nook. Inspired by Three Dark Crowns.
- Exclusive Dregs/ Six of Crows headband designed by Fictiontea Designs.
- Exclusive Lord of the Rings Woodmark by Ink&Wonder designs.
- Exclusive Raven Crew cushion cover designed by both Monolimeart and KDP Letters.
- And finally, this months exclusive book: The Circle of Shadows by Evelyn Skye.
This was my first Fairyloot unboxing, and I was pleasantly surprised, well more ecstatic about the contents. I love every single item in this box, and that never happens with a subscription box. I mean just look at my photos, how gorgeous is everything? And look at that book! Beautiful hardcover, signed and sprayed lilac edges, there’s even a little letter from the author.
I definitely can’t wait to continue with my subscription and I definitely won’t be cancelling anytime soon. Especially with February’s box theme being ‘Beauty and the Beast’, I’m pretty sure I’ve worked out the mystery book, and if I’m right I can’t wait, because it’s already on my most anticipated reads for 2019 list.